New Year, new me.
That’s what most would say. After a rough couple of years, I decided to challenge myself more this year and get back on track to the person I would like to see again. I invite others to do that as well, because we need to learn how to take care of ourselves positively first using strength to help others. It goes with the old saying that we must love ourselves before we can love others.
Below are some of my goals. If I put them on paper and force myself to be responsible, I will succeed. That is my goal. I will list all items that I want to work on below. After the first month, I will reevaluate the ones that are most important to me and give them more focus throughout the year. The others will still be there, but perhaps move slightly to the back seat. Also, others may appear as life moves on during the year. I want o hold myself accountable while I have the first day of the year momentum.
- Yoga for the next 31 days. This is hard with a busy life, but it has helped me so much in the past. I welcome it back
- I used to practice hours a day but after a while, I became jaded. This has to change.
- Learning the following languages Spanish, Korea, French, Italian and Russian. Specifically in that order.
- Clean this apartment and organize it once and for all. I’m tired of the clutter. 30 minutes a day until it is done.
- More photos, editing, and classes.
- Specifically math. I am horrid at math. No more excuses. I need to get this done.
- Say yes to the universe more. Especially to invitations. Sometimes I say no when I should be saying yes more. One life. Go out and enjoy it!
- Travel more. Yes, please!
- Be more positive. I will take note of a positive item and post this daily list at the beginning of the week.
- Read one classic a month. I never read too many and probably should.
- Read a positive how to book one a month and learn.
- Cardio twice a week. At least 20 minutes. I walk 10-20 miles a week living in NYC, but I would like to do more high impact.
- Write a short story once a week.
- Study different topics that interest me in the month. Education is important.
- Cook more.
- Eat healthier. I do eat well, but I can take it to the next level.
- Drink more water. This has always been a big fail!
- Love and live!
Seems easy enough!
Have a wonderful New Year and join me on a positive journey!